Armor




            Friday’s reflection from the ISN refers to armor as a means of protection. We can look at armor and shields from a variety of perspectives. Usually when I think of armor, I think of protecting myself. But armor and protection comes in many forms that can sometimes serve others too. 

As soon as I opened Friday’s email, the first thing that came to mind was wearing a mask during the pandemic. We wear masks to first protect those around us. Wearing masks is armor for our brothers and sisters.

When we look at the plagues of racial and social injustice, though, it brings into question how we can protect our neighbors who are not physically nearby. What sources of armor and shield can we find to show our love for them? 

I found the ISN’s reflection to be beneficial because it also helped me to reflect on the times when I put up my own armor and shield instead of working alongside and for others. Sometimes the burden of hearing about pain and suffering that individuals face on a daily basis seems like too much to handle. But if I do my part each day to preserve the respect and dignity of one of God’s children, then that alone will help to lessen the burdens that I hear and know about. As Mother Teresa said, “We cannot all do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

 

Kristen S.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fasting

A Reflection of Kindness and Justice