Steadfast and Showing Up



Day 31

 

Lately I have begun feeling completely overwhelmed with the task of showing up for justice. I have become discouraged with the long road and lack of progress in the march toward equity and justice in our society. How can it take so long to deliver what Jesus has so clearly called us to do? To love one another.


And then I reflect and recognize that my sense of urgency is born of my need to accomplish things quickly, to get the job done, to rely on myself. In Eileen Markey’s reflection “Steadfast and Showing Up,” she reminds us of the importance of being reliable, doing the small tasks, and remembering that we are present and part of a larger story. It is time to lay aside my pride, rely on the strength and commitment of my partners in the work of changing hearts and minds, and move forward with humility.

 

“Act Justly

Love Mercy

Walk Humbly

With Your God”

          Micah 6:8

 

Sandy B.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fasting

A Reflection of Kindness and Justice